Consultation: Tuesday, 10‒12 h; Thursday, 10‒12 h
Born on January 28th, 1969 in Belgrade, he finished his elementary and high school education in Kladovo and graduated in 1997 at the Department of Wood Processing of the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Forestry. At the same Faculty he defended his magister work in 2006 and doctoral dissertation in 2012. Since February 1998 he became employee of the Faculty of Forestry as a teaching associate at the Cathedra for Chemical and Mechanical Processing of Wood, where he performed practical work on the courses of Auxiliary Materials, Wood Chemistry and Particleboards, fibreboards and wood plastic masses. In 2006 he became teaching assistant, and in 2012 he was promoted to assistant professor at the Department of Technology, Management and Processing of Furniture and Wood Products at the Faculty of Forestry. At the same department, now under the name Wood Technology, he was elected to his current title of associate professor in 2017.
He was mentor in two master and three diploma works, as well as a committee member for the evaluation of one doctoral dissertation, four master works and 10 diploma works. He published 40 scientific papers, of which 6 papers were published in international journals and 17 papers were presented on international conferences. He is a co-author of a book: Điporović-Momčilović M., Popović, M. (2012), Composite Materials of Comminuted Wood – FIBERBOARDS, Belgrade (ISBN 978 86 7299 210 6). He participated in realisation of two National technological projects, four international COST Actions and three studies in cooperation with domestic industry in the field of Wood technology. He is a member of the KS D089 Committee for the standards and related documents in the field of wood-based panels, of the Institute for Standardization of Republic of Serbia.
Chemical and Mechanical Processing of Wood
Wood based composite panels; Environmental Protection in Wood Industry
Basic Academic Studies
- Particleboards, fibreboards and wood plastic masses
- Environmental protection in Wood Industry
- Modelling of the properties of wood-based composites
- Wood based panels and composites
- Gavrilović-Grmuša, I., Dunky, M., Đjiporović-Momčilović, M., Popović, M., Popović, J. (2016): Influence of Pressure on the Radial and Tangential Penetration into Poplar Wood and on the Shear Strength of Adhesive Joints, Bioresources, 11(1): 2238‒2255.
- Popović, J., Popović, M., Điporović-Momčilović, M., Gavrilović-Grmuša I. (2015): Effects of the Chemical Treatment Conditions of the Narrow-Leaved Ash (Fraxinus angustifolia Vahl. ssp. Pannonica Soo & Simon) on the Lap Shear Strength, Wood Research, 60(4): 543‒554.
- Popović, M., Simendic, J.B., Miljkovic, J., Pavličevic, J., Ristic, I. (2011) Curing Characteristics of Low Emission Urea-Formaldehyde Adhesive in The Presence Of Wood, Wood Research, 56(4) 589‒600.
- Popović, M., Budinski-Simendić, J., Jovičić, M., Mursics, J., Điporović-Momčilović, M., Pavličević, J., Ristić, I. (2011) Curing kinetics of two commercial urea-formaldehyde adhesives studied by isoconversional method, Hemijska Industrija, 65(6) 717–726.
- Gavrilović-Grmuša, I., Nešković, O., Điporović-Momčilović, M., Popović, M. (2010): Molar-mass Distribution of Urea–Formaldehyde Resins of Different Degrees of Polymerisation by MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry, Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society, 75(5) 689–701.
- Popović J., Điporović-Momčilović, М., Gavrilović-Grmuša, I., Popović, M., Sergej, M. (2013): The Influence of the Sodium Carbonate Treatment of Narrow-leaved Ash on the Lap Shear Strength. COST FP0904 & FP1006 International Workshop on Characterization of modified wood in relation to wood bonding and coating, October 16‒18, 2013, Rogla, Slovenia.
- Popović, M., Điporović-Momčilović, М., Budinski-Simendić, J., Jovićić M., Gavrilović-Grmuša, I. (2013): The Influence of Wood Extracts on the Curing Kinetics of Urea-Formaldehyde Adhesive Studied by Iso-Conversional Method. The 9th International Conference „Wood Science and Engineering in the Third Millenium” ICWSE 2013, November 7‒9, 2013, Brasov, Romania.
- Gavrilović-Grmuša, I., Điporović-Momčilović, М., Popović, M., Popović J., Sergej, M. (2013): Wetting Properties of Beech, Fir and Poplar Interacting with Different Molar-Mass Urea-Formaldehyde Resins. The 9th International Conference „Wood Science and Engineering in the Third Millenium” ICWSE 2013, November 7‒9, 2013, Brasov, Romania.
- Popović, M., Điporović-Momčilović, М., Šernek, M., Popović J., Gavrilović-Grmuša, I. (2013): The Influence of Wood Extracts on the Rheological Properties of Urea-Formaldehyde Adhesive During Cure. The 9th International Conference „Wood Science and Engineering in the Third Millenium” ICWSE 2013, November 7‒9, 2013, Brasov, Romania.
- Gavrilović-Grmuša, I., Dunky, M., Điporović-Momčilović, М., Popović, M. (2013): Influence of the Degree of Condensation of Urea Formaldehyde (UF) Adhesives on the Penetration Into Wood Tissue and on the Shear Strength of Adhesive Joints. International Conference on Wood Adhesives 2013, October 9‒11, 2013, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.