The purpose of our study program is to educate students for work in the field of landscape architecture for the following tasks:
- Planning of the systems of landscape architecture and open urban spaces, recreational and tourist areas and nature conservation areas;
- Development of landscape architectural projects of gardens, parks, open spaces of the city, recreational areas and landscaping and architectural elements;
- landscape engineering in construction (establishment) and maintenance (tending) of green areas (spaces);
- production and integral protection of planting material for the landscaping of spaces;
- monitoring of the environmental situation and work on solving problems in the field of nature protection.
Graduates of the Department of Landscape Architecture and Horticulture are trained to work in the field of landscape architecture and horticulture and in the public and private sector: in the directions for renovation of the city, in planning and urban planning organizations, in design offices, construction companies, utility companies for the maintenance of urban green areas, cemeteries, in nurseries and greenhouses, in the business of production of ornamental plant material, in private companies for gardening, in garden centers, institutes and departments of nature conservation and environmental protection, national parks, tourist organizations, scientific and educational institutions, inspection services and the like.