Technology, management and design of furniture and wood products
The highly set values of the TMP Department are:
- Students in the spotlight – our work is dedicated to their needs, ideas and development;
- continuing construction of real collegial relationships between the teaching staff and students;
- continued over 60-year-long tradition and rich experience in the education of highly skilled personnel in the fields of technology,
- management and design of furniture and wood products;
- internationally recognized study programs aligned with the needs of the profession and contemporary trends in higher education;
- cooperation with national and international institutions and economic entities.
The first certification body at the University of Belgrade and the Institute of Furniture Quality Control, as integral elements of the Department TMP are an important element in the development of production, management and design of furniture and wood products in Serbia. In this sense the Department of TMP with their programs of study is the only place in Serbia, where the personnel is trained professionally and skillfilly in the field of technologies, management and design of furniture and wood products.
The Department of technologies, management and design of furniture and wood products (TMP), as an integral part of the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Forestry is determined do its best to meet modern needs, but also the challenges of the time and the profession and the market.
By early 2013, the Department of TMP operated under the name Department of wood processing. Renaming of the Department was followed by changes in the way of studying, and some of the most significant innovations are increasing the share of practical training (internship) in the total number of classes within the study programs of undergraduate and master studies and introduction of modern, innovative disciplines in the teaching process.
The Mission of the TMP Department is to educate professionals to competently perform all tasks in the field of technologies management and the design of furniture and wood products with the constant improvement of the teaching process, raising the quality of study and respect for academic freedom in accordance with the highest standards of higher education.
Our vision is that TMP Department, whose study programs are based on multidisciplinarity and innovation as the most important characteristics of modern studies should become a leader in the field of technologies, management and design of furniture and wood products in South-East Europe.
Some of the priority objectives of the TMP Department are:
- continuous development of new and improvement of existing study programs that are aligned with the needs of the profession and the requirements of the Bologna Process;
- the creation of employment opportunities for our graduates and engineers able to develop their top notch professional career;
- ensuring quality professionals with higher education to companies from wood and furniture industry in Serbia to perform the most complex tasks in the field of technologies, management and design of furniture and wood products;
- maximizing the contribution of knowledge as the most important social resource;
- social responsibility and environmental care.