The expertise of graduate engineers from the department of Wood Science and Technology and market needs for our engineers imply the possibility of rapid employment after graduation.
Over 4000 companies employing about 23,000 workers deal with the production and trade of furniture and wood products in Serbia. Graduate engineers of the Department of Wood Science and Technology can quickly find a job in these companies, as well as in schools, institutes and research organizations.
The most common range of tasks carried out by engineers of technologies, management and design of furniture and wood products are:
• engineering and design of furniture and interior,
• management of technological processes of production of furniture and wood products,
• production organization,
• marketing of wood products,
• internal and external trade in furniture and wood products,
• organization of displays at fairs,
• representation and establishment of business contacts with domestic and foreign companies,
• financial management
• management of enterprises.
Graduate engineers of the Department of Wood Science and Technology are most often employed as:
TECHNOLOGISTS DESIGNERS MANAGERS
A special area of employment is foreign trade in furniture and wood products, in which engineers-specialists in this field usually perform the following tasks:
- monitoring of the current situation in the domestic and international markets of furniture and wood products in terms of sales and the flow of trade, tariff and non-tariff barriers for wood products, certification and quality requirements, the application of European (EN) and ISO standards for wood products, sheet wood on stock exchanges, prices, etc.,
- negotiation and conclusion of contracts with domestic and foreign companies,
- insurance of goods,
- transport, storage and forwarding of goods,
- customs clearance,
- charge of goods,
- monitoring of legislation in the field of transport in the country and abroad,
- creation and implementation of marketing strategies for the furniture and wood products,
- monitoring of developments in the domestic and international financial markets.
In addition to lectures and exercises, the study program includes a large number of professional practice and study tours, which all contributes to easy incorporation of engineers from the Department of Wood Science and Technology of Forestry Faculty into the work of companies engaged in production, design and trade in furniture and wood products.