Slavica Čepić graduated in 2008 from the Department of Landscape Architecture and Horticulture at the Faculty of Forestry in Belgrade. She did her thesis “Migrants and the landscape: the experience of the landscape and the impact on the landscape” under the supervision of prof. Jelena Tomićević – Dubljević, in cooperation with the Institute for Landscape Management in Freiburg, Germany.
She completed the Erasmus Mundus dual master’s study “International Cooperation and Urban Development” in 2013 at the Technical University of Darmstadt in Germany and the University of Grenoble 2 – Pierre Mendès France in France. In 2015/2016 she enrolled in doctoral studies in the field of landscape architecture and horticulture at the Faculty of Forestry and defended her doctoral dissertation project with the topic “Socio-economic significance of urban gardens and the possibilities of their integration into the system of green areas of Belgrade” in 2017.
She gained international working experience in the fields of protected natural resources management, urban planning, and landscape design through internships in Austria, Germany, and France from 2009 to 2013. From 2009 to 2019 she worked as a landscape architect in several bureaus in Belgrade. Two of her projects were awarded at the Landscape Architecture Exhibition in Belgrade—one with the Special award in 2011 and the other with the Award in the category of unrealized projects in 2015.
She was elected research assistant in January 2019. Her teaching experience is related to the courses of Landscape and Protected Areas Management (master studies), Public Participation in the Field of Landscape Architecture (bachelor studies) and Economics and Organisation in Landscape Architecture (bachelor studies) within the study program Landscape Architecture.
She is a member of the Association of Landscape Architects of Serbia (UPAS).
Landscape Architecture and Horticulture
Undergraduate studies (Bachelor)
- Public participation in the field of landscape architecture
Master’s degree studies
- Management of protected areas
- Cepic, S., Tomicevic-Dubljevic, J., Zivojinovic, I. (2020). Is there a demand for collective urban gardens? Needs and motivations of potential gardeners in Belgrade. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 53.
- Vujičić, D., Tutundžić, A., Radić, B., Čepić, S., Stefanović, M., Tubić, Lj., Šabanović, V., Jevtović, A. (2019). Zakonodavni okvir u funkciji razvoja zelene infrastrukture. Beograd: Udruženje pejzažnih arhitekata Srbije.
- Čepić, S., Tomićević-Dubljević, J. (2017). Urban community and allotment gardens: Research trends and a look ahead. Agriculture and Forestry, 63 (4): 191-200.
- Čepić, S., & Tomićević-Dublјević, J. (2017). Značaj urbanih bašta u kontekstu održivosti životne sredine u gradovima. Studija slučaja grada Kragujevca, Ecologica, 86, 390 – 394.
- Čepić, S. (2011). Migrants and Landscape. Perception and Impacts on Landscape. In O. Kozlova, A. Kołodziej-Durnaś (Eds.), Cultural Diversity as a Source of Integration and Alienation: Nations, Regions, Organizations (pp. 236–246). Szczecin: Economicus and Szczecin University.
- Cepic, S., Grbac, D., Sekiranova, A., Tuzinsky, I. (2007). Landscape and Gardens of the Klisura Monastery. In Treberspurg Martin, Kvarda Werner (Eds.). Sustainable development concept in the monastery Klisura in Bulgaria (pp. 49 – 53). Vienna: Academia Danubiana 5/2007