Brief history

Important dates

1919

The Law on Changes and Amendments to the Law on University was brought on August 23rd 1919 making official the establishment of The Faculty of Agriculture with two departments: Agriculture and Forestry within the University of Belgrade (Тhe Law on Changes and Amendments to the Lаw onUniversity, The Official Gazette of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenians no.85/1919).

 

1920

The lessons of higher education in the field of forestry in Serbia started on December 5th at the Department of Forestry of the Faculty of Agriculture. The day of the Faculty of Forestry is December 5th and it is celebrated every year.

 

1930

Bringing of the new law on university led to the change in the name of the Faculty of Agriculture to the Faculty of AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY.

 

1932

The Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry moved into the new building in Zemun.

 

1949

THE FACULTY OF FORESTRY became independent on February 5th, with the regulation of the Government of PR Serbia no.39 (The Official Gazette of PRS no.6/49) as the first separate Faculty of Forestry (of the total of five faculties of forestry and agriculture at that time) in Yugoslavia. That was recorded in the court registrar of the District Economic Court in Belgrade, decision Fi 1363/88.

The first dean of the independent Faculty of Forestry was Professor Sreten Rosić, engineer (1895 -1968).

 

1953

The decision of the National Committee of Belgrade on April 2nd brought about the separation of the Faculty of Forestry into the building in Kneza Višeslava no. 1 Street in Banovo Brdo, where the faculty moved in in the autumn of 1954.

 

1956

The first statute was brought on September 12th . According to it the Faculty had two departments:

• Forestry

• Wood industry

 

1960

The faculty consisted of five departments:

• Department of Forestry;

• Department of Mechanical Wood Processing;

• Department of Chemical Wood Processing;

• Department of Urban Green Spaces Growing;

• Department of Erosion and Amelioration.

 

1966

The Faculty consisted of four departments:

• Department of Forestry;

• Department of Wood Industry;

• Department of Horticulture;

• Department of Erosion and Amelioration.

 

 2006

The faculty consists of four departments:

• Department of Forestry;

• Department of Wood Processing;

• Department of Landscape Architecture and Horticulture;

• Department of Ecological Engineering for Soil and Water Resources Protection.