Конкурс за финансијску подршку за учешће младих истраживача на различитим конференцијама11/02/18
ICT Conference Grants
Conference Grants (up to a maximum of €2500) are aimed at supporting researchers from Participating ITC (Inclusiveness Target Country) to attend high profile international science and technology-related events not specifically organised by the Action.
First call deadline for applications 1st March 2018
Selection of the applicants will be based on the scientific scope of the application and how it can support the CAPABAL TN1401 Action in achieving its scientific objectives. Applications should include:
- an extended (1200 word maximum) abstract.
- a covering letter stating:-
- details of the conference, including timing, location and cost;
- the financial contribution requested;
- how participation in the conference will help support the CAPABAL TN1401 Action in achieving its scientific objectives.
Preference will be given to applications aiming at presenting a paper. Presentations that include a slide or two about the CAPABAL TN1401 Action are encouraged.
Only conferences that occur in period from 1st May until end of September 2018 will be considered under this call. Attendance at European conferences is preferred, although conferences held elsewhere will be considered.
the applicant must:
- be a PhD student or Early Career Investigator (ECI) with a primary affiliation in an institution located in a participating Inclusiveness Target Country (ITC) – Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, Latvia, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia.
- have an oral/poster presentation on the topic of the Action, that acknowledges COST, and is listed in the conference’s programme;
- Applications have to be approved in advance; grants cannot be awarded retrospectively.
According to budget and GP6 goals CAPABAL is offering to support several ECI grants each up to 700€ which can be adjusted to fit the costs of Conference.
The Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application.
Calculation of the financial contribution respects the following criteria:
Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day for accommodation and meal expenses.
Up to a maximum of EUR 500 for the conference fee incurred.
Up to a maximum of EUR 2500 in total per grant.
Grants do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given conference. It is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee.
Note, when meal and accommodation expenses are supported by the hosting institution as part of the conference, the amount for subsistence for each eligible participant is deducted from the Grant. Documentary evidence of the conference fee amount must be provided by the Grantee.
Post-conference report and payment of the grant
The Grantee has 30 calendar days from the end date of the Conference in question to submit a scientific report to the Action Chair Dr. Dijana Vuletić and Vice-Chair Prof Mersudin Avdibegović.
Payment of the Grant is subject to the scientific report being approved by the Action Chair and Action Vice-Chair. Written approval of the submitted scientific report must be sent to the Acton Chair for archiving purposes.
See section 8 (p.37) of the Vademecum (available at http://www.cost.eu/participate)