Consultation: Monday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
He was born on September 26, 1963 in Sremska Mitrovica. Faculty of Forestry-University of Belgrade, Department of Forestry he enrolled in 1983. He graduated in 1987, master of degree he received in 1993, and his doctorate in 2003. He started to work at the Faculty of Forestry in Belgrade in 1989, as an assistant trainee in the narrow scientific field of Forest Management Planning. As an assistant he was elected in 1994, as an assistant professor in 2004, as an associate professor in 2010, and to the title of full professor in 2015.
He is the member of UŠIT Serbia (Association of Forestry Engineers and Technicians of Serbia), representative of Serbia in ENFIN (European Network of National Forest Inventories), FAO expert for forest inventory, member of the team for harmonization of national forest inventories of European countries
Head of the Department of Forest Management Planning since 2014.
Dendrometry, Forest Inventory, Forestry Modeling, Forest Management Planning, Applied statistics
- Research methods and techniques in forest management planning
- Forest inventory
- Application of aerial photogrammetry and remote sensing in forest inventory
- Methodology of scientific research work
- Forest inventory
- Modern techniques in forest inventory
So far, Damjan Pantić has published over 160 bibliographic items. Some of the most significant are:
- Pantić D. (1993): Study of the influence of forest type on the shape and volume of pedunculate oak and field ash trees in the forests of Ravni Srem, Master’s thesis, University of Belgrade-Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade, (1-161).
- Pantić D. (2003): Selection of the optimal method of inventory in artificially established poplar stands in the area of Ravni Srem, Doctoral dissertation, University of Belgrade-Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade, (1-109).
- Banković S., Pantić D. (2006): Dendrometry, Textbook, University of Belgrade-Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade (1-556).
- Banković S., Medarević M., Pantić D., Petrović N. (2009): The National Forest Inventory of the Republic of Serbia: The growing stock of the Republic of Serbia, Monograph, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of the Republic of Serbia, Forest Directorate, Belgrade (1-238).
- Pantić D., Medarević M., Banković S., Obradović S., Šljukić B., Pešić B. (2011): Structural, production and dynamic characteristics of the strict forest reserve “Račanska Šljivovica“ on Mt. Tara, Bulletin of the Faculty of Forestry 103, University of Belgrade-Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade (93-114).
- Pantić D., Borota D. (2015): The National Forest Inventory of Serbia: State and possible further directions of development, Bulletin of the Faculty of Forestry 112, University of Belgrade-Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade, (9-32).
- Vauhkonen J., Pantic D., Borota D., et al. (2019): Harmonized projections of future Forest Resources in Europe, Annals of Forest Science, 76 (3): (1-12).
- Gschwantner T., Pantic D., Borota D., et al. (2019): Harmonization of stem volume estimates in European National Forest Inventories, Annals of Forest Science, 76 (1): (1-23).
- Pantić D., Dees M., Borota D. (2020): Methodology of the Second National Forest Inventory of the Republic of Serbia. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, 185 p.
- Pantić D., Dees M., Borota D. (2020): Analysis Methodology for the Second National Forest Inventory of the Republic of Serbia. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, 97 p.