Jelena Tomićević Dubljević
Dr. Jelena Tomićević-Dubljević was born on November 29, 1973 in Belgrade. She completed her studies at the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Forestry, Department of Landscape Architecture in the school year 97/1998 with an average grade of 9.41. In the same year, she was awarded the recognition of the student of generation of the Faculty of Forestry, Department of Landscape Architecture, and in 1999 she was awarded the prize of the University of Belgrade for the best student of generation of the Faculty of Forestry. Doctoral dissertation entitled “Towards Participatory Management: Linking People, Resources and Management. A Socio-Economic Study of Tara National Park‘‘ was defended at the Faculty of Forestry and Environmental Sciences, Albert-Ludwings University, Freiburg, Germany. Dr. Tomićević-Dubljević was a scholarship holder of the German Government-DAAD scholarship (2002-2004; 2008) at the Institute for Landscape Management, University of Freiburg in Germany and in 2009 she was a scholarship holder of the Austrian Government-Austrian Exchange Service (OEAD) at the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life in Vienna, Austria. Dr. Tomićević-Dubljević was engaged as a regional teacher in an international master course in the field of forestry policy and economics – FOPER on the subject: Rural sociology and social issues in forest management, at the University of Belgrade and on the subject: Communication, negotiation and public relations in the forest sector, at the Faculty of Forestry, University of Sarajevo. Dr. Jelena Tomićević-Dubljević especially was sucessful in mentoring and co-mentoring in working with students on the preparation of diploma theses. In the period from 2009 to 2013, her students won the award of the Chamber of Commerce of the City of Belgrade in the category of the best diploma paper.
Dr Tomićević-Dubljević is a full professor since March 21, 2018. In the period from October 1, 2012 to Ferbruary 1, 2013, she performed the function of vice dean for teaching curricula at the Faculty of Forestry, University of Belgrade. She was actively participated in the work of the bodies and commissions of the Faculty, managed the work of the Institute of Landscape Architecture and Horticulture, and since 2019 she has been a member of the Council of Scientific Areas of Biotechnical Sciences. She has been a reviewer of several scientific papers for various world journals: Urban forestry & Urban greening, Environmental Management, Small Scale Forestry, Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, Ecology and Society but also for the leading jounal of national importance Glasnik Šumarskog fakulteta. She is a member of the World Organization for Soil and Water Conservation (WASWC), as well as the Association for Landscape Horticulture of Serbia.
Dr Tomićević-Dubljević is author of over 100 scientific papers. She was also engaged in several national and international scientific and professional projects. Since September 2020, she has been engaged in the Biocities research agenda project, funded by the EFI Network Fund. She speaks English and German language.
Landscape architecture and horticulture
Landscape management (managment of protected areas, managment of urban forests), socio-economic aspects in landscape architecture, public participation in the field of landscape architecture, influence of greenery on public health
Undergraduate studies (Bachelor)
- Economy and organization in landscape architecture- compulsory
- Public participation in the field of landscape architecture –compulsory
- Basics of urban horticulture –elective
Master’s degree studies
- Landscape management and nature protection – compulsory
- Management of protected areas- elective
- Methodology of research design- compulsory
- Landscape management- elective
- Impact of greenery on health of urban population –elective
- Tomićević-Dubljević J., Erg S.C.B., Dimović D. (2020) Management of Protected Areas for Sustainability. In: Leal Filho W., Azul A.M., Brandli L., Lange Salvia A., Wall T. (eds) Partnerships for the Goals. Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71067-9_76-1
- Cepic, S., Tomicevic-Dubljevic, J., Zivojinovic, I. (2020). Is there a demand for collective urban gardens? Needs and motivations of potential gardeners in Belgrade, URBAN FOR URBAN GREE. 53 (2020) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2020.126716
- Terkenli, TS; Bell, S; Tosković, O; Dubljević-Tomićević, J; Panagopoulos, T; Straupe, I; Kristianova, K; Straigyte, L; O’Brien, L; Živojinović, I. (2020) Tourist perceptions and uses of urban green infrastructure: An exploratory cross-cultural investigation. URBAN FOR URBAN GREE. 2020; 49, 126624
- Jendoubi D., Hossain Md. S., Giger M., Tomićević-Dubljević J., Ouessar M., Liniger H., Ifejika Speranza Ch. (2020) Local livelihoods and land users’ perceptions of land degradation in northwest Tunisia, Environmental Development 33 (2020) 100507
- Vujcic, M., Tomicevic-Dubljevic J., Zivojinovic, I., Toskovic, O. (2019) Connection between urban green areas and visitors’ physical and mental well-being, URBAN FOR URBAN GREE. vol. 40: 299-307.
- Djordjevic I. Dj., Nonic D., Nedeljkovic J.S., Tomicevic-Dubljevic J., Rankovic N., Brasanac-Bosanac Lj. (2019) Organization of the Protected Area Management in Serbia: a Comparative Analysis of Defined Groups of Managers. FRESENIUS ENVIRONMENTAL BULLETIN, (2019), vol. 28 br. 7, str. 5075-5082.
- Vujcic, M., Tomicevic-Dubljevic J. (2018) Urban forest benefits to the younger population: The case study of the city of Belgrade, Serbia, FOREST POLICY AND ECONOMICS, vol. 96: 54-62.
- Tomićević-Dubljević, J., Vujčić, M. (2018) Uticaj zelenila na zdravlje urbane populacije. Zbornik predavanja, Simpozijum Pejzažna hortikultura 2018, Beograd. Udruženje za pejzažnu hortikulturu Srbije, Univerzitet u Beogradu, Šumarski fakultet, 2018 pp.115 – 127.
- Tomićević-Dubljević, J., Pavlović, M., Vujčić, M. (2018) The role of local communities for managing natural resources in the area of the Besna Kobila Mountain, Serbia, In: Zlatic, M., Kostadinov, S.(Ed.) Soil and water resources protection in the changing environment, Advances in Geoecology 45, pp. 323-334. Soil Sciences, Schweizerbart Science Publishers, ISBN 978-3-510-65418-5
- Vujcic, M., Tomicevic-Dubljevic, J., Grbic, M., Lecic-Tosevski, D., Vukovic, O., Toskovic, O. (2017) Nature based solution for improving mental health and well-being in urban areas. Environmental Research, 158, 385–392.