Consultation: Wednesday, 12.00‒14.00 h
Slobodan Milanovic was born on December 20, 1969 in Svetozarevo (present Jagodina), where he finished primary and secondary school. He graduated in 1995 with a grade point average of 8.55 at the Faculty of Forestry – Department of Forestry.
2011 – Defended doctoral dissertation at the Department of Forest Protection, Faculty of Forestry, University of Belgrade. Mentor Dr. Ljubodrag Mihajlovic, full professor. Thesis title: “Development of Lymantria dispar L. (Lepidoptera, Lymantriidae) on different species of oaks in Serbia”. Diploma number 13939 on the obtained scientific degree of Doctor of Science in the field of forestry.
2006 – Master’s thesis defended at the Department of Forest Protection, Faculty of Forestry, University of Belgrade. Mentor Dr. Ljubodrag Mihajlovic, full professor. Master’s thesis title: “Influence of Quercus cerris L., Q. petraea (Matt.) Liebl. and Q. robur L. on the development of Lymantria dispar L. ”. Diploma number 88 on the acquired academic title of Master of Forestry Sciences in the field of forestry.
1995 – Defended diploma thesis at the Department of Forest Management Planning, Faculty of Forestry, University of Belgrade. Mentor Dr. Lazar Tomanić, full professor. Thesis title: “Research of management systems in spruce, fir and beech forests on Kopaonik”. Diploma no. 235 on acquired higher education and professional title of graduate forestry engineer.
- 2018-02 so far – University of Belgrade, Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade, Serbia, Associate Professor;
- 2015-01 so far – Mendel University in Brno: Brno, Czech Republic, Research Assistant (Department of Forest Protection and Wildlife Management);
- 2013-06 to 2018-02 – University of Belgrade, Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade, Serbia, Assistant Professor;
- 2012-12 to 2014-12 – Mendel University in Brno: Brno, Czech Republic, post-doctoral researcher;
- 2011-06 to 2013-06 – Institute of Forestry, Belgrade, Serbia – research associate;
- 2006-12 to 2011-06 – Institute of Forestry, Belgrade, Serbia – researcher ‑ associate;
- 1999-11 to 2006-12 – Institute of Forestry, Belgrade, Serbia – researcher;
- 1995-12 to 1999-11 – University of Belgrade, Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade, Serbia, researcher.
Forest entomology, forest protection, three-way interactions among host trees, pathogens and herbivores, forest fires
- Forest protection (O)
- Forest health monitoring (I)
- Integral forest protection (O)
- Fire protection of forests (I)
- Forest protection (O)
- Kostic, I., Petrovic, O., Milanovic, S., Popovic, Z., Stankovic, S., Todorovic, G., & Kostic, M. (2013) Biological activity of essential oils of Athamanta haynaldii and Myristica fragrans to gypsy moth larvae. Industrial Crops and Products, 41, 17-20. doi:10.1016/j.indcrop.2012.03.039
- Milanovic, S., Lazarevic, J., Popovic, Z., Miletic, Z., Kostic, M., Radulovic, Z., Karadzic, D., & Vuleta, A. (2014) Preference and performance of the larvae of Lymantria dispar (Lepidoptera: Lymantriidae) on three species of European oaks. European Journal of Entomology, 111, 371-378. doi: 10.14411/eje.2014.039
- Milanovic, S., Lazarevic, J., Karadzic, D., Milenkovic, I., Jankovsky, L., Vuleta, A., & Solla, A. (2015) Belowground infections of the invasive Phytophthora plurivora pathogen enhance the suitability of red oak leaves to the generalist herbivore Lymantria dispar. Ecological Entomology, 40, 479-482. doi: 10.1111/een.12193
- Milanović, S., Janković-Tomanić, M., Kostić, I., Kostić, M., Morina, F., Živanović, B. & Lazarević, J. (2016) Behavioural and physiological plasticity of gypsy moth larvae to host plant switching. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata, 158: 152–162. doi: 10.1111/eea.12388
- Milanović, S., Milenković, I., Dobrosavljević, J., Popović, M., Solla, A., Tomšovský, M., Jankovský, L. Growth Rates of Lymantria disparLarvae and Quercus robur Seedlings at Elevated CO 2 Concentration and Phytophthora plurivora Forests 2020, 11, 1059. doi: 10.3390/f11101059
- Brovkina, O., Stojanović, M., Milanović, S., Latypov, I., Marković, N., & Cienciala, E. 2020. Monitoring of post-fire forest scars in Serbia based on satellite Sentinel-2 data, Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, 11:1, 2315-2339, doi: 10.1080/19475705.2020.1836037
- Milanović, S., Marković, N., Pamučar, D., Gigović, L., Kostić, P., Milanović, S.D. (2021) Forest Fire Probability Mapping in Eastern Serbia: Logistic Regression versus Random Forest Method. Forests, 12, 5. doi: 10.3390/f12010005
Web of Science ResearcherID: C-5669-2012