Consultation: Tuesday, 11‒12 h; Thursday, 11‒12 h
Dr Milica Rančić was born in Pirot (Serbia) where she finished primary and high school. After graduation from Faculty of Chemistry at University of Belgrade, she obtained PhD in Technical Sciences in the field of Chemistry and Chemical Technology at Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy at University of Belgrade; In 2011. she obtained DAAD research grant as a PhD student for a research stay at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Germany). Since 2001. she was employed at Faculty of Forestry – University of Belgrade as a teaching assistant (Department of Technology, Management and Processing of Furniture and Wood Products). After finishing doctoral studies, Dr Milica Rančić was engaged as assistant professor for the subject Chemistry and in 2019 Dr Milica Rančić was promoted to associate professor.
Dr Milica Rančić has been participing in six national and international scientific projects through which she has gained experience in clasical and modern chemical analysis and analytical instrumental methods, materials, chemistry and nanotechnology (synthesis and characterisation of nanomaterials, especially bionanomaterials from renewable resources).
Research work of Dr Milica Rančić is conducted with the aim to minimize associated negative environmental impacts of processes and materials in order to maximize their sustainability. Recent research is focused on natural eco-friendly materials, development of cost-effective and resource-friendly processes, and environmentally benign and socioeconomically attractive application of wood-based materials.
She has been reviewed original papers for the international journals: Carbohydrate Polymers, Journal of Molecular Structure, Dyes and Pigments, Spectrochimica Acta, Chemical Papers, Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, Chemical Industry and Materials Protection.
Organic chemistry; Chemistry of heterocyclic compounds; Synthesis, structure and biological activity of organic molecules; Nanotechnology – isolation and chemical modification of nanocellulose, characterization and application of nanocomposites based on nanocellulose.
- Petrović, M. Stefanović, M. Rančić, M. Mirić, I. Gavrilović-Grmuša, Antifungal activity of grey alder bark extractives against wood rotting fungi, Materials Protection 2020, 61(1), 69-76; DOI: 10.5937/zasmat2001069P
- Milosavljević, A. Marinković, M. Rančić, D. Gurešić, A. Bogdanović, G. Milentijević, New eco-friendly xanthate-based flotation agents, Minerals 2020, 10(4), 350; DOI:10.3390/min10040350
- Rančić, I. Stojiljković, M. Milošević, N. Prlainović, M. Jovanović, M. K. Milčić, A. D. Marinković, Solvent and substituent effect on intramolecular charge transfer in 5-arylidene-3-substituted-2,4-thiazolidinediones: Experimental and theoretical study, Arabian Journal of Chemistry 2019, 12(8), 5142-5161; DOI: 10.1016/j.arabjc.2016.12.013
- Taleb, J. Markovski, Z. Veličković, J. Rusmirović, M. Rančić, V. Pavlović, A. Marinković, Arsenic removal by magnetite-loaded amino modified nano/microcellulose adsorbents: Effect of functionalization and media size, Arabian Journal of Chemistry 2019, 12(8), 4675-4693; DOI: 10.1016/j.arabjc.2016.08.006
- Rusmirović, M. Rančić, A. Marinković, Processing and Characterization of Modified Nanocellulose/Polyester Composites in Chemistry of Lignocellulosics: Current Trends 2018, 167-213, CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group, ISBN: 9781498775694; DOI:10.1201/b20936
- Rusmirović, M. Rančić, V. Pavlović, V. Rakić, S. Stevanović, J. Djonlagić, A. Marinković, Cross-linkable modified nanocellulose/polyester resin based composites: Effect of unsaturated fatty acid nanocellulose modification on material performances, Macromolecular Materials and Engineering 2018, 303(8), 1700648;DOI: 10.1002/mame.201700648
- J. Rusmirović, J. Z. Ivanović, V. B. Pavlović, V. M. Rakić, M. P. Rančić, V. Djokić, A. D. Marinković, Novel modified nanocellulose applicable as reinforcement in high-performance nanocomposites, Carbohydrate Polymers 2017, 164, 64-74; DOI: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2017.01.086