Department Councils are composed of teachers and staff who perform educational and scientific work at a particular department, and are employed with at least 70% of working time at the Faculty.
Teachers and associates are entitled to the rights and obligations at only one of the departments.
The scope of work of a department council:
1. It gives its opinion on the draft Statute;
2. proposes the study program of undergraduate studies, graduate academic studies- master, specialist studies and doctoral studies;
3. considers the election of teachers and associates and submits a proposal to the Electoral Council;
4. proposes the program of continuous professional training and education;
5. Proposes the program of scientific research;
6. submits a report on the realization of the programs of scientific research, at least once a year;
7. considers the topic of a master thesis (master’s degree), and makes its proposal to the Academic Council;
- considers the report of the Commission for the evaluation of a master thesis and submits a proposal to the Faculty;
9. considers the composition of the Commission for the assessment and defense of a master thesis and gives a proposal to the Academic Council;
10. considers the topic of a doctoral dissertation and gives a proposal to the Faculty;
11. considers the report of the Commission for the evaluation and defense of the doctoral dissertation and gives a proposal to the Faculty;
12. considers the commission for the assessment and defense of a doctoral dissertation and gives a proposal to the Academic Council;
13. elects the President of the Department Council and heads of institutes;
14. elects members of the Academic Council, in proportion to the number of members of the chairs within the department.
A Department Council performs other duties in accordance with the Statute.
A Department Council makes decisions by majority vote of all members, and on the issues referred to in Section 13 and 14 of this Article by secret ballot.
Meetings of the Department Council are chaired by the President of the Department Council.
President of the Department Council is elected from among the teachers of the department and proposed by chairs.
President of the Department Council is elected by majority vote of the department council members.
President of the Department Council appoints his/her deputy from among the teachers and a secretary from among associates.
The mandates of the president of the Department Council, his/her deputy and secretary last for three academic years.
Other professional bodies
Other professional and advisory bodies can be formed at the Faculty, such as: Statutory Commission of the Faculty, the Quality Assurance and Improvement Commission, the Financial Commission and other bodies in accordance with the law, University Statute and the Faculty Statute.
The composition, organization and other issues relevant to the work of the bodies referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be regulated by a general act.